6mm Wargaming





This email address is an image to help reduce spam.


Last updated

21st September 2014


6mm Wargaming



Completed Scifi Settlement

Introduction

A gallery of the completed 6mm Scifi buildings. See the contruction page for more details on each building and what was used for each building.

Painting of the buildings was very simple with a spray can of cream (off white used). However some of the bits came off the buildings due the issues with the plastic and glue used) and when a varnish was sprayed on, the paint reacted and bubbled up in places. To fix this they were touched up using craft painted which was colour matched to the original spray can colour. Once the main colour was finished a thin brown wash was used over the buildings to provide a shadow effect, but this was kept light as I didn't was the building to look old. After the buildings were mounted on the base, the bottom parts were airbrushed with a brown colour to blend into the base and represent a bit of dust and dirt from the surrounding environment.

The decals were mostly Warhammer 40K Eldar decals and I used a different symbol for each building. The numbers and letter are from i-94 Enterprises and I also used decals from their scifi decal set (SF100).

The basing is on 3mm MDF and I used a Coffee coloured caulk for the main base colour. The flock was a mixture that was made up for my scifi stuff and I wanted a reddish- desert look to go with the tan base cloth I have. It consisted of some fine railway brown ballast, fine sand coloured flock (Woodland scenics), some fine red and orange flock (for flowers). The tufts were Silfo and were a winter tuft. The larger pieces on sandy bushes were Woodland scenics coarse foam flock.

The walls were added last and made from cross stitch pieces along with textured plank plastic card. The cross stitch was cut into strips at a 45 degree angle to the stitching and then glued to the strips of plasticard. The supports were made from a rectangular piece of cross stitch with the center cut out to make it go over the wall. I used a handsaw to cut a groove into the base so that the walls are slightly recessed and to help make them stronger.







Click on the thumbnails to see the full sized image. Note these are about 4 times large than real so it isn't very flattering!


Completed Settlement




Settlers houses




Command Center Base




More Settlers houses




Food (hydroponic) plant




Landing pads




Gatehouse Entrance




Powerplant




Comms tower